Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seated Pigeon Pose!

Day 2- Tuesdays will be easy for me since I already have yoga scheduled on my calendar. I meet my friend Elizabeth every Tuesday night at the Brookline Baptiste studio for 5:45 class.

I was really excited about tonight since I'm so motivated about my 31 days of yoga. It was a great class, but it was a killer! We did a series of poses that worked just our legs and by the time we got to seated pigeon my endurance was waning. There were 2 times I had to briefly put my knee down in the pose to rest for a minute. Of course I was hard on myself because I never cut a pose short- I always push through and try to focus on the positives. And the instructors always say not to beat yourself up over taking modifications or taking a break, so I did just that and stayed positive throughout the rest of class.

I'm looking forward to Day 3 and the rest of the month! I can't wait to see the transformation in my practice and in my body too.

No comments:

Post a Comment